Practice, feedback and
- We have developed a comprehensive graduate curriculum in core aerosol science, covering both the fundamental underlying science and a broad range of key applications.
- The training e-Portal for Core Aerosol Science covers topics such as particle size distributions, aerosol mechanics, nucleation, optical properties, and electrical charge. It includes over 40 hours of mini lectures, extensive multiple-choice problem sets to test learning, and detailed reading lists.
- Our course in core aerosol science is delivered via Team-Based Learning, involving pre-class preparation, a readiness-assurance process, clarifying presentations, in-class application exercises and a peer-evaluation process.
- Our course in core aerosol science is assessed using “two-stage assessments”.
- Upon completion of their taught work at the University of Bristol, our postgraduate researchers join cooperative learning groups to support their continuing professional development.
- We draw upon the principles of work-integrated learning when preparing our postgraduate researchers for their placements in academic labs or with our industrial or public-sector partners.
EPSRC CDT in Aerosol Science
University of Bristol
School of Chemistry
Bristol, BS8 1TS
Sign up to receive monthly news and updates from the CDT in Aerosol Science, as well as events, training and research webinars.