We conduct educational research aimed at understanding how aerosol science can be taught effectively and ways in which this can be improved, as well as the experiences of our postgraduate researchers – our list of publications and presentations below gives a sense of our work in this area.
Publications and presentations
- Building a UK Research and Innovation Pipeline in Aerosol Science, Murnane, D., Boies, A., and Reid, J. P., UK Aerosol Society, 2018
- Press release relating to the award of EPSRC funding for the CDT, UK Aerosol Society, 2019
- Training the next generation for aerosol science, Reid, J. P., Knox, K. J., Boies, A., Miles, R. E. H. & Murnane, D., Drug Delivery to the Lungs, 11 Dec 2019, p. 52-53; Volume 30.
- Implementing a Team-Based Learning approach to teach a multidisciplinary cohort of graduate students an interdisciplinary science, Miles, R. E. H., Knox, K. J. & Reid, J. P., presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Team-Based Learning Collaborative, March 2021
- Revolutionizing education in aerosol science, Reid, J. P., Knox, K. J., Boies, A., Miles, R. E. H. & Murnane, D., International Environmental Technology, 2022, 32.1 (January/February).
- Aerosol Science: Revealing Complexity and Exploring Multi-Disciplinarity, Reid, J. P., Knox, K. J., Boies, A., Miles, R. E. H. & Murnane, D., presented at the University of Hertfordshire Physics, Engineering and Computer Science Research Conference, April 2022
- Cohort-based doctoral training through Team-Based Learning, Knox, K. J. & Miles, R. E. H., presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Team-Based Learning Collaborative, April 2022